Of David. A psalm.
1) I will sing of loyalty and of justice;
to you, O Lord, I will sing.
2) I will study the way that is blameless.
When shall I attain it?
I will walk with integrity of heart
within my house;
3) I will not set before my eyes
anything that is base.
I hate the work of those who fall away;
it shall not cling to me.
4) Perverseness of heart shall be far from me;
I will know nothing of evil.
5) One who secretly slanders a neighbor
I will destroy.
A haughty look and an arrogant heart
I will not tolerate.
6) I will look with favor on the faithful in the land,
so that they may live with me;
whoever walks in the way that is blameless
shall minister to me.
7) No one who practices deceit
shall remain in my house;
no one who utters lies
shall continue in my presence.
8) Morning by morning I will destroy
all the wicked in the land,
cutting off all evildoers
from the city of the Lord.