Of the Korahites. A Psalm. A Song.
1) On the holy mount stands the city he founded;
2) the Lord loves the gates of Zion
more than all the dwellings of Jacob.
3) Glorious things are spoken of you,
O city of God. Selah
4) Among those who know me I mention Rahab and Babylon;
Philistia too, and Tyre, with Ethiopia—
"This one was born there," they say.
5) And of Zion it shall be said,
"This one and that one were born in it";
for the Most High himself will establish it.
6) The Lord records, as he registers the peoples,
"This one was born there." Selah
7) Singers and dancers alike say,
"All my springs are in you."
Not included in the Revised Common Lectionary.
Jerusalem, O Jerusalem. The city is justly fabled. People have invested heart and soul in it for millennia. Some talk about a particular quality of light and atmosphere unique to the place, and its complicated religious history is like that …