To the leader. A Psalm of David.
1) In your strength the king rejoices, O Lord,
and in your help how greatly he exults!
2) You have given him his heart’s desire,
and have not withheld the request of his lips. Selah
3) For you meet him with rich blessings;
you set a crown of fine gold on his head.
4) He asked you for life; you gave it to him—
length of days forever and ever.
5) His glory is great through your help;
splendor and majesty you bestow on him.
6) You bestow on him blessings forever;
you make him glad with the joy of your presence.
7) For the king trusts in the Lord,
and through the steadfast love of the Most High he shall not be moved.
8) Your hand will find out all your enemies;
your right hand will find out those who hate you.
9) You will make them like a fiery furnace
when you appear.
The Lord will swallow them up in his wrath,
and fire will consume them.
10) You will destroy their offspring from the earth,