A Psalm of Asaph.
1) O God, the nations have come into your inheritance;
they have defiled your holy temple;
they have laid Jerusalem in ruins.
2) They have given the bodies of your servants
to the birds of the air for food,
the flesh of your faithful to the wild animals of the earth.
3) They have poured out their blood like water
all around Jerusalem,
and there was no one to bury them.
4) We have become a taunt to our neighbors,
mocked and derided by those around us.
5) How long, O Lord? Will you be angry forever?
Will your jealous wrath burn like fire?
6) Pour out your anger on the nations
that do not know you,
and on the kingdoms
that do not call on your name.
7) For they have devoured Jacob
and laid waste his habitation.
8) Do not remember against us the iniquities of our ancestors;
let your compassion come speedily to meet us,
for we are brought very low.
9) Help us, O God of our salvation,
for the glory of yo…